Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please be advised that we try to obtain information about your insurance coverage before your physical therapy sessions. However, it is your responsibility to check with your insurance company and be aware of all deductible, co-pays, co-insurance, visit limitations, prior authorization requirements and financial caps in advance, prior to your first appoiment.
We participate with most insurance companies including Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Health Net, Tricare, AARP, Beech Street.
Here is a list of questions to ask your insurance company about your physical therapy coverage:
- Do I have physical therapy insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Do I have a co pay? Co insurance?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per physical therapy session?
- Do I need pre certification? Pre approval?
- Does Doctor’s prescription for Physical therapy services required?
At Orthosport Physical Therapy, we believe accessing therapeutic care should be as easy as possible for all our patients.
Now patients can get direct access to physical therapy services without a referral.
Effective November 23, 2006, a licensed physical therapist may provide a patient with treatment in the practice of physical therapy without a referral from a physician for 10 visits or 30 days whichever occurs first. Please note that these treatments may or may not be reimbursable by your insurance. If you have any questions about Direct Access, please contact us.